Thursday, July 3, 2008

What we bought this week

Here's what we picked up for our fourth of July reading:
  • Batman RIP #678
  • Patsy Walker: Hellcat #1
  • Buffy: TVS #16
  • Astonishing X-Men #25
  • Joker's Asylum #1 (gish's pick, not mine!)
So far, I've only read Batman. I'm really enjoying the RIP storyline. I love the dark and dream-like quality, plus all of the mystical/occult overtones. The Club of Villains is great, and it was cool to finally see them in action. I had to look up the Zurr-en-Arrh reference, though. Apparently, in 1956 or so, Batman went to another planet (Zurr-en-Arrh), where he met up with another Batman native to that world, gained Superman-like powers, and fought robots or something. Morrison loves him some obscure references. Gish says the Hellcat book is really good, so I'm looking forward to that, too.

Some comics I pick up last week that haven't read yet but plan to this weekend:
  • Thunderbolts #120 & 121 (just finished re-reading #116-119 to get ready)
  • Angel #9 (probably the last issue of this we're going to buy -- it's pretty awful and I only bought it to see what "officially" happened after the end of the show, and now I don't care anymore)
  • Captain America #39
  • Secret Invasion: Runaways/Young Avengers #1

No comments: